Apply to the Clinical Nursing Pool
Clinical nursing faculty of the Maricopa Community Colleges are hired through a "pool process". That is, rather than a person applying for individual clinical nursing positions posted by the colleges, all the clinical nursing applications will be submitted to a pool. Each college with an open position will then review the pool of applicants and interview/hire from the pool.
Please follow these instructions to be included in the Clinical Nursing Pool:
- You must apply online. Please read all of the instructions on this page. Once you have familiarized yourself with the required steps you should access, complete and submit the application. NOTE: You will be able to make changes in your application if any information changes.
- You will need to reapply every October 1st if you would like to remain in the pool and be considered for open positions. Reapplying is quick and easy. Simply make any changes you wish to your application and submit it to the new posting number.
- Unofficial transcripts are needed at the time of the application. Official transcripts will be required if you are chosen for the position.
Selection and hiring process:
- Throughout the year, clinical nursing positions will become available at various colleges. A search committee (from each college) will review the online applications. They will then choose specific applicants from the pool whom they wish to interview.
- Colleges will call each of the candidates that they wish to interview. Candidates will be contacted by phone to schedule interviews. Colleges will contact applicants using the phone numbers supplied on each candidate’s application. If your phone number changes, please make the appropriate changes to your submitted application!
- Interviews will either be in person or on the phone. Unofficial transcripts are needed at this point.
- Once the final candidate has been chosen, s/he will be contacted and an official job offer will be made.