MCCCD is comprised of ten colleges. On average, the District hires over one hundred new full-time faculty each academic year. All positions will be advertised individually as they occur. Please visit the listing of current openings.
An online application will only be accepted for open, posted positions. All interested individuals MUST submit:
- A completed online application which includes
- Unofficial transcripts (scanned and uploaded as an attachment to online application)*
In addition, a résumé/vita with cover letter detailing how the applicant's education, training, and experience directly relate to the listed minimum/desired qualifications and job description should be included.
*Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be translated/evaluated and provided with the application material.
Online application materials are due by midnight (Arizona time) on the deadline date.
The Strategic Staffing office is open Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm during the school year and Monday-Thursday, 7:00 am - 6:00 pm during the summer.
- Telephone # (480) 731-8465
- FAX # (480) 731-8599
MCCCD conducts criminal background checks on all new employees. As per the Fair Credit Reporting Act, you can view your rights (pdf). In addition, MCCCD is required by Arizona law to participate in the Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. All new employees will be checked to see if they are eligible to work in the U.S.
Faculty starting salaries range from $44,452 - $85,662 and are based on education and experience.
Faculty Minimum Requirements
The State of Arizona no longer requires a certificate to teach at the community college level. However, the State has asked each County to establish its own minimum qualifications. Maricopa Community College District has adopted the following minimum qualifications for faculty:
Minimum Requirements for Academic Areas
The Academic Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- A master's degree in the teaching field, OR
- A master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field
- EDU 250- Teaching and Learning in the Community College -- or equivalent must be completed within two years of the date of hire.
Minimum Requirements for Occupational Areas
The Occupational Teaching Fields require the following from an accredited college or university:
- the same qualifications as those listed for Academic Teaching Fields, or
- a bachelor's degree plus 3 years work experience in the field to be taught, or
- an associate's degree or 64 semester hours and 5 years work experience in the field to be taught, or 5 years work experience in the field to be taught
- EDU 250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community College or equivalent must be completed within two years of the date of hire
Please note that some disciplines have minimum requirements exceptions.